The Small Measures site if now closed but you can go to Pretty-Small-Shoes who have over 700 styles and where you can buy ladies petite size fashion shoes
Below you will find some answers to frequently asked questions, as well as our general terms and conditions. If after browsing we have not been able to answer your questions then please contact us.
How can I place an order?
Once you have found a pair of shoes or accessories that you love, select the size you require from the dropdown menu and click the “Add to Basket” button. If your size isn’t shown then it means it is out of stock. When you’ve finished shopping click “Checkout” to view everything in your basket and make your payment. If you are a new customer you will be asked to complete your name and address details and choose a password. You can then use your registered email address and password each time you visit Small Measures.
We also accept orders by cheque - just reserve your shoes online, as above, then click 'cheque' at the payment stage. You then just need to post a cheque to us (payable to Small Measures)
How do I change or cancel my order?
Please contact us immediately if you need to change or cancel your order. If the shoes are in transit or you have already received your parcel, but still wish to cancel please refer to the Returns section below.
Do you have a catalogue?
Our new catalogue is now available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive one.
The shoe I want is not in stock in my size, how can I order it?
We do not accept back orders as it can sometimes be difficult to reorder styles from the manufacturers, especially at the end of a season. However you can submit a request to be notified should your size be back in stock. If we receive your request and know we will not be able to reorder your size then we will let you know straight away.
Which forms of payment do you accept?
When you checkout you will be offered a choice of payment methods. You can pay by debit or credit card through PayPal (you don't need to have a Paypal account to do this), cheque, or PayPal. If you prefer to send us a cheque please be aware that items will not be dispatched until your cheque has cleared (please allow an extra 7 days for delivery). We are unable to take payments by telephone as there has recently been a large increase in bank charges for this service. If you wish to reserve a pair of shoes, and prefer not to do so online, please call us and we will reserve them for you, pending arrival of your cheque. Prices can be viewed in both UK pounds or Euros, however please be aware that we can only accept payment in Euros via Paypal.
Is paying for items via your website secure?
Yes! We have an up to date SSL certificate and payments are processed using Sagepay or Paypal, who both provide a secure online payment service - Small Measures does not see, or keep, your card details. For further details visit www.paypal.com. If you prefer not to pay online we are happy for you to send us a cheque through the post - see 'ordering'.
How do I know which size to order?
Manufacturers shoe sizes vary, which is why, to ensure we send you the correct size, we advise you to measure your feet and send us these measurements with your order. As we import the majority of our shoes they are shown in European sizes. Below is a chart which gives a rough interpretation of sizes:
How should I measure my feet?
To take your measurements first measure the length of each foot in millimetres. Then measure the circumference of your foot around the widest point just behind the toes. Measurements should be taken to the nearest millimetre.
What happens if they don’t fit?
If when you receive your shoes they don’t fit then you can return them to us (see Returns) with the reason for return and we will send you the appropriate replacements.
How do you measure heel height?
There is no industry standard for measuring heel height, ours are measured as shown in the diagram below:
Shoes are then classified into the following categories:
High Heels: 2½” (70mm) +
Mid Heels: 1½” – 2½” (38 – 69mm)
Low Heels: ½” - 1¼” (13 – 37mm)
Flat: no heel
How long will it take for my items to arrive & what do you charge for delivery?
Items which are in stock should be with you within 3 - 5 working days but please allow up to 7 days for delivery. We charge £4.95 for the first pair and £2.50 for each additional pair. Prices shown on the website exclude delivery. The delivery options and charges will be shown when you check out.
Do you ship to addresses outside the United Kingdom?
We ship to any country within the European Union. Items are sent via International Signed For Airmail and should arrive up to 7 days later; however please allow up to 15 days for delivery. We charge £8.45 for the first pair and £5.00 for each additional pair. We can also ship to the rest of the world (excluding North America and the Russian Federation), this costs £12.50 and £7.50 for each additional pair. We can only ship a maximum of 2 items per order again due to weight restrictions. All international orders may be liable to pay local import taxes. Small Measures will accept no responsibility for these additional costs.
Can items be returned?
We hope you will be delighted with your purchase, however if you are unhappy you can return your items within 14 days from the dispatch date. All we ask is that the goods are returned in their original condition, with all packaging intact and in the original box. You will receive a full refund.
If you need to change your shoes for a different size we will send a replacement at no extra cost (UK and EU only).
We suggest you use Royal Mail 'Signed For' (recorded) service when returning items to us, which will allow you to obtain a signature upon delivery. No liability can be accepted for returned goods lost or damaged in transit. Please don't use 'Next Day' (registered) post.
We respect your privacy and want to protect your personal information. We will not share the information you give us with any third parties without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law or to enable our courier to contact you regarding delivery. We will only use the information you provide to monitor and improve our service to you and for our own marketing and promotional purposes.
Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Small Measures’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website registered at Unit The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Customer Service Contact Information
If you have any questions, or need to submit a complaint, please use the following contact information:
Small Measures, England